8.01.2008

Riley + Mollie

On Wednesday I did a shoot for a girl who stumbled upon this blog when I first created it. We've been talking/planning the shoot for a while, which inevitably leads to some amount of build up. I always worry that somehow I won't get the photos I'm imagining out of the shoot (which I know is something I've mentioned here before), but when I started editing these I actually got goosebumps. I realize not everyone gets it, but there is something so satisfying about ending up with a product that is exactly what you pictured. It's like a puzzle that fits into place, that big a-ha moment. These photos did that for me. I'm hoping Riley & Mollie's moms will feel the same way.

Riley is a rescue mutt (probably about four years old, although it's hard to say exactly) and Mollie is a nine-year-old Beagle. Both dogs were instantly likeable, but also undeniably unique. I always think you can tell when a dog has been homeless; they just seem so thankful. It's not anything in particular that you can point your finger at, but somehow their demanor indicates that they are glad to be there with you. Riley is a good example of this. She loves her ball more than anything. Except her mom. And I think that's totally obvious if you spend five minutes with them.















Mollie is one heck of a character. She's like a granny that tells you how it is. I'm pretty sure if she could talk she'd have told me I looked ridiculous lying tummy down on the grass with a camera in her face. And she would have been right. I really loved Mollie's strong personality - almost as much as I loved her white eyelashes and her uncanny ability to stand endlessly on her back legs waiting for a treat.






















1 comment:

Nadia said...

Lovely!! I got goose bumps too! You really captured the deep souls of these two little saints!