7.31.2008

Busy, busy

I did a shoot yesterday that I'll (hopefully) post tomorrow. In the meantime, I think I'm due for a Roux post. I've been extraordinarily busy lately and I think Roux's been feeling neglected. (She tipped me off on that when she ate a pair of my shoes and the clasp on my camera bag the other night - the first time she's ever destroyed anything). Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining about being busy with Denver Dog Photography. But in the next few weeks I'll be wrapping up at my current nine to five job, and after that I'll have a lot more time and flexibility for DDP. And for Roux. She hasn't been totally neglected; luckily her dad's been around to take her on a few runs, and I make it a point to stop what I'm doing and play with her (even if only for five minutes) when she meanders into my study while I'm editing photos.

I've been getting up at the crack of dawn to work on photos this week (don't feel too sorry for me, I'm a morning person anyway), and was in the midst of that this morning when I walked out of my study to get a cup of coffee. Roux was completely absorbed with the Chinese Jumprope we gave her to play with last night (don't worry, she doesn't eat it). Amused, I headed back into my office to finish editing. I was about to sit down when my camera caught my eye and it occured to me that I need to photograph my own dog more often. I used to photograph Roux almost daily, and while that might've been overkill, I don't think I've taken a photo of her in weeks. So from here on out I'm going to make more of an effort to spend time with Roux, and to photograph some of that time. I've been talking so much to people about how valuable it is to have these photos of their dogs' every day lives, and working so hard on taking those photos for other people. . . It just occured to me that I want those photos, too! These are from this morning:





1 comment:

Nadia said...

WOW! Love the second one, the lighting is beautiful. The subject is quite the looker too, of course!