7.22.2008

Welcome!


New readers:
Welcome! If you're heading over to this site after the segment on Fox News this morning, then thanks for stopping by. Enjoy browsing around. (If you're a new reader who happened to stumble upon this site during your regular internet travels today, then thanks to you too for making it over!)

This site is set up as a spot where I can showcase some of my photo shoots, but also a place where I can share my reflections. (And occasionally post my own photos from daily dog life as well). Feel free to contact me at DenverDogPhotography@gmail.com, or check out my Denver Dog Photography photo set at Flickr. Of course I'm always happy to talk about setting up a shoot, but I'm also always happy to answer any of your own pet photography-related questions as well.

At first I'd planned to post an adorable photo of my own dog, the real inspiration for this whole pet photography business, but that was thwarted when on my way to capture a photo of her this morning before the show I stepped in dog poo. I'd considered posting the photo of my sandal covered in it, because that's about all I had to show. In the end, I thought better of offending new readers' delicate sensibilities, and decided instead to combine this welcome post with posting the Jack + Indy shoot from over the weekend.

Jack + Indy are two very special dogs who live in a gorgeous loft downtown. I came away from the shoot worrying I didn't get photos that would really capture how incredible the lighting and location were, but I was wrong. It turned out to be hands down one of my favorite shoots I've ever done, and I really believe you can see a lot about who Jack + Indy are in these photos.

Indy is a five-month-old Cocker Spaniel puppy who not only is a total ham (I don't think I've ever seen a puppy besides my own that loves the camera so much), but he's also an old soul, and that's something I see whenever I look at his photos.






















Jack is a two-year-old Gordon Setter who is a total sweetheart. He doesn't love the spotlight the way Indy does, but instead sits quietly observing. These photos of Jack are ones I'll treasure, even though he's not my dog. I really think these photos encompass what I love about dogs in general - you can see how absolutely loving this dog is just by looking at his eyes.
.









A big thank you to Jack, Indy and their parents for letting me do this shoot.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. Amazing light. Love this session.