7.30.2008

Montana: Dog Heaven

Sorry about the lack of posting last week; I was exploring Montana. My best friend and I took a road trip west, and fell head over heels in love with the Bozeman/Yellowstone area. We were lucky enough to stay with the Gary + Nancy, some of the nicest people you'll meet. And what do you know, they had three dogs. I didn't really take the time to do an all out shoot, but I did play with the camera a little bit in the evenings. Interestingly I like pretty much all of my Montana photos better in black and white, which I think has something to do with the timeless beauty of the place.







This is Madison, a 14-year-old Golden Retriever who believes he is still a puppy. He tries so hard to keep up with the younger two, and really I think he does a pretty damn good job.









This is Tucker, also a Golden Retriever, but much more of a puppy. Tucker is like the little brother, always trying to keep up but never quite sure how. He's a total lover and would rather sit on your feet while you scratch him than run with the other dogs. Also, he's a little fish and probably spends about 50% of his time actually in the water.











And this is Gus, the biggest lab I've ever seen. His snout reminds me of a bear it's so large, and I'm pretty sure if he was a person he'd big a big lovable jock, intimidating at first, but actually just a plain old nice guy.

.






These dogs have it made: freedom to run, a river to play in, and a helluva nice family to boot.






No comments: