8.15.2008

BOOYAH.

Right up there with learning the little nuances of my new camera (Nikon D80, who I am calling "Dottie") is improving my action shots. They are such a crap shoot sometimes, especially with dogs who are eternally unpredictable. Yesterday afternoon I took Roux to a local reservoir. With the combination of all that water and sand it was pretty much a sure bet that Roux would go nuts. She does this thing occasionally where she'll just run laps around us like a maniac for a good ten or fifteen minutes. There are times when I think she's a pretty laid back kid and other times where I think, DAAANG, they weren't kidding when they labeled this breed high energy.

Roux, in crazy mode looks something like this:





.


It's a pretty wide known fact that most Rhodesian Ridgebacks are not big swimmers. Roux has always been a little afraid of the water and super hesitant to let it touch any part of her body. I put my psuedo mom skills to use and taught her to swim by supporting her belly while she tried out the strokes about a month ago and ever since she's been a lot more gung ho about the water. I didn't realize how behind she was when it came to swimming until we went to a lake with friends of ours who have a 6 month old Border Collie named Grady. It was the first time Grady had ever seen the water and she catapulted in without a second thought.

The fact that Roux is not a natural swimmer makes me all the more proud when she does swim. Yesterday I was standing knee deep in the water snapping photos while she tested her boundaries and got this photo:


When I opened that photo up on my computer I got so excited I was reminded of the crazy high pitched way my dad used yell when he watched football games. I'm pretty psyched about the water drops midair and the shadows of the water drops and the fact that it's totally in focus. BOOYAH.


Lots of shoots coming up in the next few days, so stay tuned. . .

HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Booyah is right! The picture of Roux swimming is amazing! Rowan does the same "hot lap" in our back yard, he is a total lunatic sometimes!