8.08.2008

Little updates

When we decided to let Roux start spending chunks of time outside alone we bought several accessories to make her more comfortable, including this big cot-like dog bed so she wouldn't have to lie on the cement patio, but could still be in the shade. At first she was scared of it, but she ended up loving it and would choose to lay out there on her outdoor bed instead of hanging out inside (this is big for a dog who usually prefers the temperature-controlled indoors). She also really loved to "dig" while she was on it, which has recently created a monstrous hole right in the middle. I figured we'd have to replace it, considering if she laid on it now her bum would fall right through and be sitting on the ground below.
This morning I was working in my office and went to see what she was up to - like you do every half hour or so when you have a puppy. She wasn't coming when I called, which means either she's getting into trouble or she's really comfortable. Finally it occurred to me to check her dilapidated bed, and sure enough there she was soaking up the sun.





Maybe we don't have to replace it after all; she looks pretty happy...

I have a shoot scheduled for tomorrow morning, so expect those photos early next week. The rest of the weekend we're taking off with Roux for a little camping trip, which will be good because that means I won't spend the entire weekend working and Roux won't spend the entire weekend lying next to me looking like this:





Happy Friday, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roux probably custom dug the hole in her bed to allow for rear expansion. She looks pretty happy!

Nadia said...

Roux looks so regal in her new custom throne!

LisieB said...

she does look kind of snooty :)

lauren said...

I thought your house was green.....


I also think Roux is on to something. Maybe you and Alex should start selling dog cots with pre-dug holes in them.