8.20.2008

Stella

I loved my shoot with Stella. It probably had a little to do with the fact that she's a 4-month-old puppy (no one can resist a puppy, least of all me), the fact that she looks a whole lot like a Rhodesian Ridgeback (she's actually a Rottweiler/Boxer mix) and the fact that there's never a dull moment when she's around. Stella is such a puppy; all curiosity, trouble, energy and kisses for just about anyone in sight. I'm also really jazzed about how some of the lighting in the photos came out. (Yes, I said "jazzed"; that probably qualifies me as permanently uncool). Sometimes I think I'd like to get into studio photography - it would be nice to know exactly what kind of light I was getting every time. But then I come home from a shoot with photos like these and I can't get over how exciting it is to find awesome light naturally. There's something so basic about that, just you and your subject and natural light - I think it makes me feel like I am capturing something instead of creating something.

Enough babbling. Here is the lovely Stella:


















I always post additional photos of shoots on my Flickr site, but this time especially you should check it out if you want to see more of Stella... there are about 20 more photos I love just as much as these.

2 comments:

Nadia said...

Wow, those came out great! She does look like a RR! When I saw the preview from yesterday, I thought she was!

Paws on the Run said...

I love the water picture! And I'm glad you commented on my blog so I could find you.