8.29.2008

Angel's Gate

I just took a mini break from working on the new website and caught the Oprah section about Angel's Gate.  It's an animal hospice where they take in special needs animals (many are critically and/or terminally ill).  The segment totally touched me and made me want to do two things immediately.  First, I am going to make a donation to Angel's Gate.  (They also have a sponsorship program too, which is worth checking out.)  Second, I wan to run out and adopt as many dogs as I can fit in my house.  

My grandfather was the truest animal lover I've ever known.  He just communed with animals in a way he never did with people.   He'd have helped any animal he could, no matter the inconvenience or cost.  I'd like to believe I've inherited some of that quality, and I've been working to establish relationships with various breed-specific and general canine charities in the Denver area.  Starting September 1st I am going to donate 5% of my total proceeds to the canine charity of my clients' choice.  Eventually I'd like to do more - but that's at least a start.

Whatever you do with the rest of your day, take a few moments to think about how you can help.  It's way too easy to get caught up  in our own routines - so consider this a reminder to think outside the box for a moment.  And give your own dog a big kiss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also saw that on Oprah and it made my jaw drop. It is an incredible place and the woman who runs it really must be an angel. I also made a small donation. Let's hope Oprah makes a big one!