8.18.2008

Emma + Otis

Otis - unlike his sister Emma - is definitely a little trouble maker. He's a sweetheart and while he loves attention, it might come in a close second to how much he loves getting into trouble. It's a good thing he's so cute - I'd imagine it's pretty much impossible to get mad at him. Amy and Mike rescued Otis from a shelter in Wyoming (although how anybody could not want a face that looks like his is beyond me). He's coming up on two, which means he's basically still a puppy and that probably accounts for some of his antics. Otie is one of those dogs who will always look like a puppy; he has one of the sweetest little faces you've ever seen. If you can look at these photos and not want to kiss that nose, there's probably something wrong with you.






















Emma is a 9-year-old mix (probably has some Skipperkee in there). She's a rescue dog that Amy fell in love with when she dog sat for some friends who were fostering her, and after meeting Emma, you can see why Amy had to take her home. She lives for human attention (unlike Roux, for example, who would rather shove her face in a strange dog's mouth than cuddle in my lap). In fact, Emma was probably one of the more difficult dogs I've photographed, partly because she's pitch black, but mostly because she's so friendly I had a hard time keeping her far enough away from me to get a decent photo. I ended up liking them quite a lot, and feel like a few of these are really quintessentially Emma. When I was editing some of these I did notice that Emma looks a lot like a mini bear (especially in the 3rd photo of this set).



















...and the kids together:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I never thought Emma and Otis could or would ever look so good!!! (Hey, I'm a poet and I don't knowit)! Those photos are AWESOME!!! I love all the different styles and how you were able to capture all of their, "doggie moods!" Super job...when are you coming to Jackson?

Claire said...

i would love to come to jackson! if i ever head out that way, i'll let you know!!

Anonymous said...

hi claire, just come across your site tonight and had to comment: i {love} your shots of emma and otis!
will definitely bookmark you and check back often!