8.03.2008

From the "studio"

I think part of what I like so much about how Denver Dog Photography is set up is that it's mostly on location, which means that the dogs are in surroundings that they're comfortable with. It's also a challenge - constantly being aware of your background, working with the natural light you've got and following the dogs around to get the shots you want.


I'll probably always want shoot on location. That said, I don't have much experience with a studio and my curiosity is piqued. I plan to take a few classes and do some more research, but in the meantime I'm experimenting on my own. I had a cancellation today, so I spent some time setting up a "studio" (if it can really be called that) at my house and shooting Roux. I didn't spend long (working on DDP business cards is taking up most of the day), but it seems like a promising venture, and I definitely want to spend more time on it in the near future.














/

And of course the new image of Roux in the header is from this afternoon. I've really been craving some white space lately (probably also part of the inspiration for playing with some studio shots), so I ditched the black background on this site... If you preferred the black, leave me a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Oh my gosh I love them!!! Like TOTALLY love them! We are definitely going to have to do a studio shoot after the show sometime!